Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries has detected a change which invalidates the contents

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I am mostly just writing this to complain and not to ask a question. 

I tried to file several returns which had already been converted. Last time they failed and the program made me sign in again. Now I figured since they've already been converted I can just transmit and save time, but that was not to be. 

Now it seems the program is not fully up to date even though I ran the update utility yesterday. 

I find it hard to believe Intuit would have an update so crucial on the deadline that it needs me to update before filing. 

This could not be more infuriating especially as Proseries already makes me log in every couple minutes, I assume since my firm works on a network with several other users. 

And now when I try again I am told no valid e-file record exists. 

The only reason we still use proseries is for continuity between years and at this point we'll probably stop even doing that. 

I've also tried visiting the supposed ask an expert board and I can't even find it.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try going to your computer start button.  Click on ProSeries and then select "repair updates".  See if that helps at all.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try going to your computer start button.  Click on ProSeries and then select "repair updates".  See if that helps at all.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If youre leaving files converted for a long time, its not uncommon for an update to sneak in between the time of conversion and transmitting and youd need to reconvert before filing.

As mentioned above, REPAIR Updates may be needed if you're still getting the message to update after you already have.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ejdtaxman
Level 7

We had only converted the files 1-2 hrs earlier. 

Wasn't able to do repair updates from start menu for reasons that are too dumb to go into, but will keep in mind for future. 

thanks for your help.