Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Form 8915-E

taxgirl0216
Level 3

On ProSeries, I see this morning the error is now gone when you click "2020 Coronavirus-related Distribution" when you enter in the 1099-R/Qualified Disaster Distribution Smart Worksheet. 

Where on the software to we elect if the client wants to pay tax on the whole distribution now, and not spread it over 3 years?

Thanks in advance!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its right on the 8915E, scroll down the page.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

@Just-Lisa-Now-  I do not see any mention of the form not bein able to be E-Filed. Final review runs clean also, but I attached the form anyway! Did I miss a banner notice that it is e-fileable?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I havent seen anything recently clarifying it either, Id attach just in case as well.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I was hoping it would prompt for the attachment, like an other state credit does on some state returns, but Im guessing it doesnt, if you didnt see it (Im not at the office yet so I havent fiddled with it on an actual return yet)

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Thank you, I am referring to the Federal attachment though. I forgot may be early for you on Pacific time.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Did I miss a banner notice that it is e-fileable?"

It changed status last week when the release date also changed.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Camp1040
Level 10

My question added a few clicks to the ACME question counter!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15
Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final, EF Ready
Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Spouse) Final, EF Ready
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Thanks, I saw that after you mentioned it in your earlier post. Nice surprise to not have to add the form as a PDF!

0 Cheers