Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Error Georgia 500 Individual Return

GeorgiaRe Tired
Level 3

My client is disabled and retired.  The flow of input data on Schedule 1 7a 7c is being reporting incorrectly on the 500 return according to the Georgia DOR.  They are denying the status of retired ( which is crazy for an elderly disable person who has filed a Georgia return for entire life).  Georgia DOR status the DOB is not shown on Schedule 1 and 7a is blank.  Georgia DOR is requesting me to file a 500X but it is just going to show the same thing since I can override output.  Please help!

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
GeorgiaRe Tired
Level 3

I am desperate for Proseries to address this acknowledge problem.  I spent 2 hours on the help line with Proseries with them being unable to make the Georgia schedule 1 print properly.  Proseries agreed that all the information is correct in the return and the output is incorrect (technically speaking).  Georgia is still denying the $30K deduction for retirement because the return doesn't print the DOB.   I have responded to the Georgia tax letter stating the error and provided a hand completed schedule 1.  My next step will be a hearing.  This is a deduction that has been taken by this client for 15 years.  They didn't just become unretired at 79.  This person is also disabled.  Georgia's unwillingness to listen to me is equally frustrating as Intuits unwillingness to correct the problem.

This error has to be corrected by Proseries.  Furthermore, the help desk process of not working on a problem unless you stay on the phone with them is not helpful.  This is a software output problem and needs to be handled internally.  There's no more information I can provide to Proseries to aid in this process.  We covered this in a 2 hour call.

0 Cheers