Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries didn't inform me a return was rejected. They said they have no liability in this. What can I do?

Triplet-Mom
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Correct the error(s) and file now.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

Correct the error(s) and file now.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Triplet-Mom
Level 1
I did that. Any advice on appealing any nonfiling penalties with the IRS?
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Expalin waht happened/didn't happen.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Triplet-Mom
Level 1
Even though I had checked efile status, the rejection never showed up on the taxpayer's info until Monday 23rd. I checked all logs and no indication of a rejection that I missed. Proseries says that are not responsible. I have since called IRS efile desk. They said since I corrected it before 10 days, the taxpayer won't be charged a non filing penalty. I am very disappointed in Proseries/Intuit in that they refused to acknowledge that they did anything wrong.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did it still appear in the Pending Tab? You didn't notice that it hadn't been accepted or rejected for a week?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
:+1::+1:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I agree here....I normally start checking 24 hours later. Within 24, I “usually” know.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
" the rejection never showed up on the taxpayer's info until Monday 23rd" is different than "Proseries didn't inform me a return was rejected". In ProSeries don't you have to actually request efile acknowledgements? Is it possible you forgot to check for a couple of days?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers