Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proseries crashing

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
heidi
Level 2

Yes,  our software crashes several times a day. We are also experiencing error code 3 on returns.  I loose 2 to 3 returns a day and the file locks up with an error.  We are then unable to access the file.  I contacted Proseries support about it last week and it was a disaster.  They had us reinstall our software and then it did nothing for the crashing and the error issues. When we got it all reinstalled it took a second day to get all the data to move over to the new file.  I am so done with the software.  This is tax season number two that we have had nothing but issues with the software.  I think after 20 years, I will be shopping elsewhere for software unless intuit can get there stuff together an fix it for the last month of tax season.  

I've been using Proseries since 2005 and have been very happy with it up until this year. It is a nightmare. The crashing and losing of data is ridiculous. And the lack of communication by Intuit is really annoying. 

heidi
Level 2

When I spoke with tech support last week the individual made it seem that it was my problem.  However, this is the first year I have had this much issue.  Last year the DocuSign was bad, but nothing compared to this years crashing.  I am not impressed as I was told that they have had no complaints with this.  I am glad to hear there are others and I am not alone in my misery.

That's messed up. I called 3 times yesterday and they all said they are aware of the problem and are investigating it. There are many of us having the same problem. Really frustrating. 

stelaira
Level 2

You all are not alone!!! Three days of crashes and yesterday was the worst.  Was on hold for over an hour waiting for tech support.  When she answered I was told they are aware of the issue and then we spent almost 2 hours trying to fix it.
Updates, removing updates, uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  To no avail...  it crashed again and again yesterday and I finally just walked away from the computer after spending time re-entering stock sales line by line (that's how the client wants to see them on their return) due to crashes; so not fun.  Not to mention when trying to send a file via DocuSign the program e-filed the return instead of sending to the client.  I have no lady-like words for that debacle.
They have really got to fix the issues.  I understand they are dealing with the updates due to the law changes; but really!  Please...  let us still be able to work with out dealing with all the drama this is causing.

rayman
Level 1

Crashes are increasing daily. Is there no guidance/fix from Intuit? Been with them since 2000 and other than DocuSign issue last year, everything has been good. Frustrating.

ehoogstra
Level 1

Just wanted to add my comments. Mine is crashing every 10 min or so whenever I try printing or e-filing.  Started when they put through the update for the unemployment exemption.  I would have hoped that they would have figured out what is wrong by this point.  Don't feel like sitting on the phone for an hour for tech support as they are not addressing the core issue which is that the software is a problem.

0 Cheers
pamela1
Level 2

My team is also experiencing frequent crashing of the program.  Super frustrating!

0 Cheers
AlRosen
Level 1

ProSeries 2021 - We are getting 190 errors multiple times an hour - have to exit and re-start the program - tried the repair updates - tool hub repair application - all Microsoft updates are current - Support has been terrible after 3 calls they have not provided anything ! this is on multiple workstations  

And another company in the office on the same server on a different network folder is not having these problems - Not sure what to do next ! -- Escalated again to Senior support - they say 24 to 48 hours for a response !

0 Cheers
nelsonjonesllc
Level 1

Crashing and losing data; freezing when printing, print preview, or print to pdf. Unable to print any returns. All other programs print with no issues.  Now trying to save before each attempt to print, after repeatedly entering clients info.  Hours with tech support; disgusted with how poorly the professional version works. Worst season ever with Intuit.  Ready to pay twice as much for a program that actually works all season. 

0 Cheers
meds16
Level 1

Did you ever get this fixed?! having the same issue this year!

0 Cheers
AlRosen
Level 1

There are a many reasons this can occur - mostly due to issues with ProSeries

We worked our way up to a Senior Engineer and discover Intuit took accountability for memory leaks in the code that cause many issues. The compiler for their software is years old and was 32bit until version 2022

With todays current software - running office 365 which is 64bit & Quickbooks 2022 or newer which is 64bit - other 32bit software has memory issues with the paging file

Our answer was add memory - we were running on 8gig 

We jumped to 64gig and the programs run better faster and rarely crash

They will work better with 16gig - but there is still a better improvement with 32gig

I recommended to Intuit to provide a clear notice that all their software requires 16gig or more 

(To run reliably) and that is still not a 100% solution

I hope this helps

Al

0 Cheers