Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proSeries crashes

ml1tucson
Level 2

The program has been crashing since March 18, 2021 update. No pattern of what triggers it: has crashed on Print, Save, Go to State, and other commands.

Tried repairing the updtaes several times to no avail. Also tried to check for updates, and it finds and  keeps installing the same ones it did before. History says they have all been applied, but still crashes.

Help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
TaxPhil3910
Level 2

I am having the same issue of System crashing, especially when I go to use E-Signature.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
stelaira
Level 2

You all are not alone!!! This is happening in both, Professional and Basic.
Three days of crashes and yesterday was the worst. Was on hold for over an hour waiting for tech support. When she answered I was told they are aware of the issue and then we spent almost 2 hours trying to fix it. Updates, removing updates, uninstalling and reinstalling the software. To no avail... it crashed again and again yesterday and I finally just walked away from the computer after spending time re-entering stock sales line by line (that's how the client wants to see them on their return) due to crashes; so not fun. Not to mention when trying to send a file via DocuSign the program e-filed the return instead of sending to the client. I have no lady-like words for that debacle. They have really got to fix the issues. I understand they are dealing with the updates due to the law changes; but really! Please... let us still be able to work with out dealing with all the drama this is causing.

ml1tucson
Level 2

Still crashing. However, I noticed that the program is loading 32-bit files (or whatever ) and I have a 64-bit computer. It has been loading 32-bit since initial install, and when it first did it in December, I called Support to tell them. The lady said she didn't know why that was, but thought it didn't matter. 

Program worked fine until 3/18 update, so maybe it didn't. But might it matter now?

This is a nightmare. I don't understand why they can't fix it, or revert back to the older version so we can get some work done.

0 Cheers
Chuck Woodward
Level 1

Well folks, I had so many crashes last year, I thought it was the new computer system I had installed.  Tore out the system, sent it to the manufacturer, and they sent is back saying nothing is wrong.  I lost so much time last year EVERY DAY I was going to scream. Well, guess what? Now 2022 is crashing every **bleep** minute.  I have been a customer for over 30 years. I now want my money back. I am not going through this again this year.

0 Cheers