Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Crashes if QuickBooks Desktop Login screen is open

CMadd
Level 1

For over a year now, guaranteed every single time ProSeries (no matter the tax year) will crash if you are on the "QuickBooks Desktop Login" screen for a client.  What is the issue?  This happens quite often obviously because QuickBooks and ProSeries go hand in hand for preparing tax returns.  Beyond frustrating!  Is this an internal issue with our network or resources, or is this an issue with the programs themselves?  Any help or insight?  

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

I doubt anyone here can resolve your computer issue, but good work practices help reduce these conflicts and helps avoid any damage because of a conflict.

Seeing the QB Log in screen for QB Desktop means you have their data file up. I never leave QB open with any data file open or partially open (not logged in) unless I am using it. Otherwise, having the QB program not running at all, or being at the No Company Open screen, is the safest work method to use for purposes of any conflict.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
RandyRSimpson
Level 1

outside the bounds of the array will not open

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@RandyRSimpson 

This is not Text or Live Chat. This is a peer community internet discussion forum.

You posted something fairly cryptic to a Tax Preparer forum for using ProSeries.

Can you be more specific? Does it apply to using ProSeries? If that is a QB issue, this is not a QB Community.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers