Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Basic Unlimited

LLessler
Level 1

Why does it ask to pay (PPR) when I go to print the returns?  I have Proseries Basic Unlimited that comes with 15 business returns, and this is my first return for 2019.  thanks!  Larry

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try clicking "tools" > "license product".  If that doesn't work you will have to call support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mgl424
Level 1

Proseries Basic Unlimited is only for  the 1040. But does not include 1040NR and business returns . If you want all in one then get the Professional

0 Cheers
Linda157
Level 2

I am having the same problem with Proseries Basic Unlimited. I paid for up to 50 personal returns and 2 states but cannot print my first return either.  Hopefully someone can help.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
LLessler
Level 1

Thanks but I bought the "ProSeries Basic Unlimited w/15 Business Returns" package.  I think they don't market this package anymore so I must be grandfathered in.  I've bought this package for the last 10 years or so. I called Support and they said the Business Returns do NOT include 990's.  That was not the case in prior years so I asked for the details of the package.  That's when they hung up on me!!!  Now I don't know what to do!  Larry

0 Cheers
Linda157
Level 2

I will have to call support during the week to find out what is happening in my situation.  Best of luck with your case.  If they give me any help that may be interesting to you I will post the information.  

0 Cheers
LLessler
Level 1

I will.  This is a bit frustrating when you just want to efile and move on!  It hasn't happened in past years.

Lar

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

I also have the Proseries unlimited basic w 4 states and 15 Business Returns. I've also had this  for about 5 years and had the Full Professional package prior. I reduced my practice so I downgraded the software. The 990 is there..Go to update and install new product on proseries..you will see the selection 990/990ez...I just looked at mine...it is available to you

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

I also have the Proseries unlimited basic w 4 states and 15 Business Returns. I've also had this  for about 5 years and had the Full Professional package prior. I reduced my practice so I downgraded the software. The 990 is there..Go to update and install new product on proseries..you will see the selection 990/990ez...I just looked at mine...it is  available to you

0 Cheers
LLessler
Level 1

My problem is not that the 990 returns are not available (they are and I've already completed a few returns). The problem is that Intuit is wanting to charge me for printing and efiling these 990 returns, even though my plan comes with "15 free Business Returns".  Intuit is now saying that 990's are NOT "Business Returns" and thus I have to pay extra for these.  This was not the case in past years.

Since they did NOT detail out the definition of Business Returns, my position is that they should be included in the 15 free ones.  A non profit is still a corporation and a business as far as I'm concerned!  I will fight with them this week once I can get them on the phone.  Their support lines are terribly busy!

Larry

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

Sorry, I misunderstood. The 990 is a business tax return..the IRS describes it as a tax exempt business. Not sure what Intuit is thinking..Plus, I do Trust returns so why would they be considered business? I think Intuit is trying to get everyone to upgrade to the Professional Software. This year they removed the password protection for mailing returns to clients from the Basic package without informing customers ahead of time. I just found out recently  the basic unlimited with 15 business returns was no longer offered. I'm glad I was grandfathered in since I really do not need the full professional package.This tax season it is almost impossible to call and get someone immediately...The couple of calls I made took forever to get through and then  customer service couldn't answer the question and had to research.  I hope service improves soon..I haven't even started any of my complicated returns. Right now it is all the easy ones.

0 Cheers
LLessler
Level 1

Sounds like we're in the same boat!  When you do get to your first 990, do me a favor and let me know if you are able to print and/or efile without getting the PPR request to pay the $104 fee.  I'm going to call them again this week, except try the Sales dept, and see how they treat me. Last time the Tech Support call was cut off and they never called back (after about 45 mins of wait and talk)!  They used to be great, but something has chnaged and they really are slow and unhelpful now!

Not sure there's a reasonable alternative for CPA's like us with small practices!  thx!  Larry

0 Cheers