Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Basic 20 Question

Mitchell24
Level 1

Hi I am fairly new to the tax prep world, and had a quick question for anyone that has used the ProSeries Basic 20.  I am not expecting to have too many clients my first year, but was looking into possible fees if I had more than 20, and it says I would be charged per-return after my 20 was met, but it has a disclaimer at the bottom of the page with "A one-time annual pay-per-return license fee of $513 is applied if no unlimited bundles or modules are licensed in conjunction with a pay-per-return order".  I assume that buying the software includes the "Fast Path" license (what I assume the $513 fee is to cover), but I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be surprised with a fee once I start doing returns.  Also I just wanted to check to make sure there wasn't some sort of fee if I didn't renew the software the following year.  Have been looking at discussion threads on here, and have seen stories of random charges that people had to dispute with their CC company, so I just wanted to check before making any purchase.  Thanks!

-Mitchell

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, that comes with the Fast Path.  It would just be the Pay-Per-Return (PPR) fees.

However, the PPR fees $45 per Federal PLUS $37 per State (and increase every year).  So just keep that in mind in the event you go over 20 returns (just a few returns over 20 would make the Basic 50 package better priced).

If you don't renew the software next year, you can continue to print the existing tax files that you made in the 2020 software.  But you can't print/e-file any new customers, even for the 2020 software that you bought.

Mitchell24
Level 1

Good to know! Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.  

0 Cheers