Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2022 Form 1065 Sch K-3 printing problem

Frank F
Level 3

i have started to print the FEDERAL 1065's for a partnership. The K1 prints out good until I get to the K3....

The K1's print fine, then the attached K-3 forms repeat print for a total of 8 copies of K-3's...... per Partner.  ( so far only 3 reams of paper ....  and still going strong, and still need to print the State K1....                 tare only 12 partners).....

To make clear, 1 K1 prints then 8x K3 print.... The K3s are all identical.

Is the K-3 copy feature buried somewhere on the setup of the program?  Is it a bug?

Overall setup: Windows, attached California State   ( which I have yet to print out),  running the print function as a selected form print of the K1's.   The State K1's print out fine... I tried it as a separate print job....

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Frank F
Level 3

I did some hunting and found out that the 8X copuies of the K3 print out ONLY when I try to print ALL KI1's

If I chose to select each actual form I need, it behaves properly.  I get 1 copy of the K3.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Save the trees and expense of paper. Print to pdf and give clients electronic copies.

Ex-AllStar
aguffre
Level 3

Same thing is happening to me.  I got 6 copies of the K-3s for each K-1 recipient.  When you print the tax return as a whole, it is fine and only has one copy.  When I select the "Selected Forms > K-1's only" is when it prints out the multiple K-3s. 

It is an issue that Proseries needs to fix.

I didn't notice until I was a few hundred pages in and thought "Why is it still printing, I know the K-3s are extra pages, but it should be THAT much!"

0 Cheers
Frank F
Level 3

I figured pout that Intuit does not care, at least in MY time frame.... so I printed to a PDF, which worked, then opened up my PDF printer app, and printed from that.

As I did want a PDF file as well, it was no extra work.

I went through 4 reams before I got the solution.....