Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2021 efile rejection

whm
Level 1

keep getting this error.... have tried using 10/15/22; 12/31/22, and the date actually being efiled in 2023;

get this error that the date is not correct for the efile pin

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
keithb
Level 2

Found this in another thread.  And I was able to efile using 2023 date. 

Put in the correct date for PTIN, then uncheck return validation prior to transmitting.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
keithb
Level 2

I am getting the same error.  when using a 2023 date, the efile is immediately rejected.  When using a 2022 date, it get rejected for not using the current year.

0 Cheers
keithb
Level 2

Found this in another thread.  And I was able to efile using 2023 date. 

Put in the correct date for PTIN, then uncheck return validation prior to transmitting.

Nise
Level 1

I have been trying to e-file an 2021 income tax return since Wednesday and it is being rejected for the same reasons; wrong date in the 2021 year, or wrong date in the current year.  I think that IRS hasn't started accepting 2021 income tax years for this year, but I could be wrong------------

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, you could be wrong.  You also might want to read the above post giving the solution🤔

Slava Ukraini!
Hand1443
Level 1

Thanks for your response. Uncheck return validation. where do I find that?

Correct date for PTIN or Pin?

Thank You

0 Cheers
keithb
Level 2

Put a 2023 date in on the info worksheet.  Underfile, convert and transmit, uncheck the enable conversion error checking box.  By doing this, I was able to send the return.

0 Cheers
MLTCPA
Level 1

same issue where is return validation check box

0 Cheers