Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2020 Error Pop-up

CD1965
Level 3

Today we are receiving an error message stating ProSeries has detected a mismatch between the client rows displayed on Homebase and the client files in the data folder.  Can someone help us with this error?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I get that now and again, I let it "fix" it and everything is fine.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I get that now and again, I let it "fix" it and everything is fine.

CD1965
Level 3

Thank you.  We will fun the Fix and move on!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
it seems to pop up with one of the last returns I worked on, no clue what it needs to fix (the message pops up before I have a chance to see if maybe that file is missing in HB?) it just shows me that one file was fixed...I guess maybe one of these times I should choose NO and see what happens LOL

0 Cheers
BigDarrell
Level 2

I got that message for the first time today, I hit fix and it says there are no files identified to fix so I hit close.  Then I closed out of the program and restarted and get the same message with the same result.

This prompted me to re-index and/or sync database and/or rebuild database but I noticed none of those functions are listed in my Homebase menu.  I do have some locked files that had unemployment that were e-filed before the retroactive change.  Could that be affecting or disallow those functions?

I am perplexed, lol.

CD1965
Level 3

After reading your post, I exited ProSeries and upon logging back in, I too received the message again. I also noticed that it doesn't seem to be fixing anything.

I went to ProSeries' Help and tried following the directions there, however, I don't get all the options they speak of.  I find this often in ProSeries Help.  It seems to me they need to update their Help Center.

0 Cheers
Bert
Employee
Employee

Yesterday ProSeries released and update that checks for a miss match between Data file and Cache files on startup.   Then displays the dialog box that you are seeing.  There can be times when you have more cache files then Data files. 

If you see this dialog every time you open ProSeries select "Yes" the first time.  if it does not fix anything. The next time you open select "No, do not show this again"

GCAZ
Level 2

I just started getting the same message.  I am hesitant to just click "No, do not show this again" since it could just cover up a problem.  Should I be concerned?

0 Cheers
Bert
Employee
Employee

No you shouldn't be concerned.  if you felt there was anything wrong you can always run Database Maintenance at any time which would detect the same thing.

0 Cheers
fred flintstone
Level 3

Database mgt is not functional on the admin computer!!! We can't fix it.

0 Cheers
vernalench
Level 1

I just received a message that Pro Series has detected a mismatch between the client rows displayed on Homebase and the client files in the data folder

If I click on fix - will I lose information?

Bert
Employee
Employee

No you will not. 

My first question is have you updated ProSeries? if not please update ProSeries.

one of 2 things should happen:

1. ProSeries should fix update the HomeBase.
  2. ProSeries will attempt to update HomeBase and come back with nothing fixed. 
    • There was an update earlier in the week that should have resolved issue 2. that is why I asked you to update.