Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proseries 2019

taxman42
Level 3

2019 proseries  is taking forever to start and log in. can't convert files to efile

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

If you are trying to efile 1040 return, you are about a month too early. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/february-12th-opening-d...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

In File Explorer, can you go to your installation directory, navigate to \32bit\logs, and email proseries.txt to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?

Hopefully that will give us some clue as to why startup is taking so long. Even though eFile is closed for TY19 individual, that shouldn't impact startup performance. Something else might be going on.

taxman42
Level 3

just sent the file

0 Cheers
taxman42
Level 3

but just trying to convert for efile

0 Cheers
CMTaxcpa
Level 1

Having the same issues. Did you ever get any response to this that helped fix it? I can't convert corporate returns or transmit Corporate Returns. I can't receive acknowledgements either. 

0 Cheers
CMTaxcpa
Level 1

Having the same issues. Did you ever get any response to this that helped fix it? I can't convert corporate returns or transmit Corporate Returns. I can't receive acknowledgements either. 

0 Cheers
taxman42
Level 3

tech support is working on it now. had to send them some files.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

There's a couple issues here.

1.      EFE is not yet open for individual TY19 or TY20 returns. It will open Feb 12th
  2.     The  EF Converter log is wrongfully reporting prior year activity, along with just completed activity. You can ignore anything that’s prior year.. we have a fix for TY20, and will get a fix out for TY19.
  3.  The slowness at login for this user is a completely different issue we're looking into, in partnership with the team that owns that piece.