Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2019: South Carolina state e-file, part-year resdnt rtrn requires other State rtrn attachent to efile

ejvtaxpro
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did it automatically choose the correct "type" of attachment as Other State?

I dont have many clients in states that require this type of thing...I cant think of one that I can pull up and look at how it works again (since its the longest tax season ever, things I did back in February seem like forever ago!)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When youre in the client return with the SC state open on the screen, top menu bar, click Efile > Attach PDF

(you'll have to have a pdf of the other state return available to attach, I generally print a copy and run it though my scanner)

0 Cheers
ejvtaxpro
Level 3

Thank you. Already did that, well before coming to this resource (I was SEVERELY limited in number of characters I could use in the question). Any other ideas? The check box within the SC return even AGREES that the MI return is attached.... when I click on the error message, it just sends me there, but it's already been done. I welcome any other ideas. 

Thank you!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did it automatically choose the correct "type" of attachment as Other State?

I dont have many clients in states that require this type of thing...I cant think of one that I can pull up and look at how it works again (since its the longest tax season ever, things I did back in February seem like forever ago!)

ejvtaxpro
Level 3

YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!! (Do people still say that??!?) I made that simple change, and the error message cleared!! It had been "Other", not Other State. I just e-filed it, hopefully successfully (we'll know tomorrow for sure). Whew!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! 

0 Cheers