Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2018 won't open

tscott
Level 3

Proseries 2018 won't open. Support tried all available tools he had access to but finally said the program was too old and outside of their scope 

Please help

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Lukepccpa
Level 3

I had the same problem.  Try going to ProSeries 2018 folder in your startup menu and run ProSeries Updates and ProSeries Refresh Updates in the ProSeries 2018 folder  (I don't remember what order I did them in).  That worked for me.

tscott
Level 3

Thanks Luke, Unfortunately I tried that (not sure the same order) but it did not help

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try uninstalling the program and installing a fresh copy ------------------ if it is still available by logging into your ProSeries account online.

Slava Ukraini!
tscott
Level 3

I think that is my next option. It seems the program did this last year to an older version and I had to uninstall and reinstall the old program.

Thanks

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good luck!

Slava Ukraini!

I know how to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of 2018.  But what happens to the 2018 customer data on a reinstall?  Is there a file I should copy and then do an import?

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4

No..it should auto populate when it is reinstalled. If not Go to file> Client file Maintenance>Restore

IRonMaN
Level 15

But no matter what you do, it's good to make sure you have a reliable backup of all of your client files before you start the process.

Slava Ukraini!
Jonesin1
Level 4

Please follow these instructions to update. Within the software will not update it properly for this issue

16-22 need to be done before January

How to update ProSeries software

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/update-products/update-proseries-software/...

0 Cheers