Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2018 keeps downloading updates every time we start it. Also can we limit to only download updates for the state we prepare taxes in?

info5
Level 1

When proseries is closed and re-opened on one particular machine it requires us to download updates, this happens every time  almost as if the updates were not installed already. Also we see updates for Arizona, Kansas, and other states we don't do business in, can we modify what updates we need?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I am unsure why it tries to update every time you start.....maybe someone has an idea re:. To answer your other question, go to update/select and download new products and within there you should be able to select what you are looking for. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
brian-p-mcinnis
Level 1
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem with the 2017 program?
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I am unsure why it tries to update every time you start.....maybe someone has an idea re:. To answer your other question, go to update/select and download new products and within there you should be able to select what you are looking for. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There was that update glitch a few weeks ago, always prompted for updates...had to go in and delete all the files in the update folder except one of them...I don't remember the details, but it solved the issue.

If you have states installed that you wont be using, you can remove them in Windows Add/Remove Programs, choose ProSeries 2018 then it will ask you which part to uninstall and you can choose the states that you don't want.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Youre a super searcher, I cant ever find anything in here!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That was an easy one to find :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers