Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program updates to allow for tax due to be paid after 4-15-21

lferonti
Level 3

Does anyone have the ability to process a return for a client that wants to make their tax payment after 4-15-21?  I am still getting an error.  Any idea of an update? Some clients don't want to part with their money too early.  🙂

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

You need to be patient a little longer.  

Slava Ukraini!
lferonti
Level 3

You're making a big assumption there - me being patient 🙂  My clients certainly are not.  Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think someone posted that the IRS was going to have their side updated in a couple of days.  Then there is always the time lag for the software companies to get their changes approved by the IRS.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have to wait for IRS to update their system,  then wait for Intuit to update their system in order to pay with the return after 4/15, or give the impatient people a 1040V and they can mail a check in on May 17th

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Just print the 1040-V and give it to the client to mail the payment whenever they want.

Simple and gets the return off your desk and out or your office...and relieves you of Liability and Responsibility if anything goes wrong with the debit payment.