If the box is checked to include "Federal Forms for State (if required) my program crashes. I'm printing a Michigan return.
Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm concerned what will happen when e-filing this same return next week. Will all the proper forms efile with the return?
@Orlando has this been reported yet?
Without trying to be my sarcastic self, stop clicking that box. I assume you are e-filing the return so why do you need to duplicate the federal forms for a client copy of the return?
The federal attachments aren't why I check the box, it's the state attachments that I really want/need. The Michigan return allows a credit for the Indiana county tax paid and requires the Indiana return be attached. I check the box so the Indiana information prints when Michigan return prints. I can manually print but why should I when the program will do it for me.
Thank you for reporting, and I'm sorry for the frustration.
This hasn't hit my radar, but that doesn't mean others haven't experienced it. I just tried to reproduce and couldn't, which usually means there is something specific in the return that the program code wasn't expecting.
- Cause the crash, and in the Crash Dialog that comes up put in "For Orlando, From DKH"
- Restart ProSeries, choose Help -> Send Logs, and email the resulting zip file to email@example.com
- Optional.. if you are comfortable with it.. Can you Email us a sanitized copy of a return that is crashing? The sanitization process replaces all private information with random data. If we're lucky we'll still be able to reproduce the crash, which is usually the hard part - if we can reproduce it, we can fix it. Use steps 1 - 5 here to generate the file, then email the sanitized copy to us. If you want to confirm before mailing, you can "Open Client" the sanitized copy to confirm no private data is transferred.. or you can create a quick (?) one from scratch (although I tried that.. so again I'm assuming there's some level of complication to the return that's needed to repro the crash)
- Go to your HomeBase.
- Click on the client you need to sanitize. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard if you need to select multiple clients.
- Select the File menu at the top left.
- Click on Client File Maintenance, then select Sanitize...
- A new window will open when your sanitization is complete. Take note of the Location for sanitized data files displayed here.
- Note: To open a sanitized file, click File and Open Client, then navigate to the YYSanitize folder shown in step 5. Near the bottom, click on the file type and select All Files.
@Orlando I recreated the crash and input "For Orlando from DKH" in dialog box. Before I posted on the Forum, I had it narrowed down to the printing of the Michigan return with box checked to include Federal Forms.
and I emailed the Send Logs to ProSeries Engineering
I'll work on sending you a sanitized copy here shortly
Your help is greatly appreciated.