Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program crashes when efiling attempted

Highlighted
Level 2

Program is crashing/closing when e-file selected when the returns to be e-filed are selected; Federal and state(s). Is this happening to anyone else?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 3

Having the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
16 Replies 16
Highlighted
Level 1

Have asked for help with the crashing but no one is getting back to me!  Frustrated indeed!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 5

I have printed 15 returns this afternoon and all seems to be working except, I had to reprint a letter and then had a crash.  What worked for me was to go to the Icon for printing individual forms, click on letter then client letter and the it worked fine.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I do not have a problem with printing. My program is crashing when I try to e-file a return.

thanks anyway.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Having the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Has everybody downloaded today's updates?

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I am having the same issue today.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

I have been able to get around it by using the menu at the top and selecting efile...transmit returns.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Does that work for you?  I still crash with that option.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

It did yesterday.  I haven't tried today.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Same here.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

So, I had to do the following twice with each return before I could get them to efile.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/federal-or-state-tax-return-is-not-showin...

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Same problem happening to me today. My workaround right now is to go thru the EF menu at the top and selecting the client's fed & state return to convert and transmit that way without opening the client file.

It's worked so far for 3 clients that I've e-filed in the last hour.

Highlighted
Level 2

MariaR,  That is what I ended up doing also. Thanks for your input.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Can someone tag one of our Intuit friends that are on this board so they can try and escalate this issue? I can't remember their screen names on here.

I'm still having the same issue and it's been about a week I think.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

what's the solution? Buy another program besides Pro Series ? crashing on efiling...work arounds sometime work, but that is not a solution. A solution is INTUIT figuring out WHY!!! We you efile large volumes at a time this is frustrating...probably worse year i had with this software in years...

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

I agree with you.  There are still things that I complain about that have been happening for years.  But this has been the worst.