Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Texans filing electronically past 5/17 but before the 6/15 deadline due to ice storm

bigt500
Level 2

I just got off phone call with Tech support and he just confirmed  that Proseries will not be updating the program to fix this error.  Texas and Oklahoma filing deadlines have been extended to 6/15, however, users will get this error when attempting to file a client who wants to have a payment drafted from checking account.  (see error message below when I attempt to have checking account drafted on 5/20.) My client will have to go to IRS website and create account to make a payment.  THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING AS THIS IS A SIMPLE PROGRAMMING LOGIC CHANGE BUT PROSERIES WILL NOT MAKE IT!

Pro_error.PNG

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It is an IRS restriction, not the ProSeries (at least for the Federal payment).

Your clients can either have you set it up for May 17th, or they can make the payment themselves.

0 Cheers
bigt500
Level 2

Can you point me to the govt. website location where the IRS cites this restriction?  I will just have to do like I have done in the past for late filing clients.  Just wait until the date that I submit the return and use the same date for withdrawal.  It has worked numerous times in the past.

0 Cheers
vcrcpa
Level 2

I totally agree. 

0 Cheers