I am running windows 10, and both basic and pro download about halfway, then I get the error message:
a problem occurred during installation
please try the following steps to see if it corrects the problem:
-restart the installation
I tried doing both and it keeps happening. then i click on more info (in the professional download) and it says:
Could not load file or assembly 'checksum, version=20.0 12.0, culture=neutral, publicKey Token=null' or one of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specified
"Could not load file or assembly 'checksum, version=20.0 12.0, culture=neutral, publicKey Token=null' or one of its dependencies"
Is a new one I havent noticed anyone else report...is this still related to firewall settings?
@TinyT read the information Orlando posted here about firewall settings, see if that might apply to your situation...theres link to test your firewall.
Maybe it's firewall related, but I don't think so. The CoreInstallerTY20.exe file you download is a "self extracting executable".. basically a zip of several files. It's clearly downloading and running the Setup.exe file in that.. but it's not finding the checksum file. That's really weird.. it might be anti-virus .
@TinyT If you're comfortable with getting a bit technical, can you do the following
- Run the installer and wait until you get the error message
- Go to your start menu, and enter %temp% -> this should launch File Explorer to your Temp Directory
- Find a folder that was created recently. It will be a random name, something like ckz_NSRK
- Open that folder. The contents should look something like this:
- If you have all those files
- try copying the directory to somewhere like your desktop
- From there, run Setup.exe
Additionally, if the above doesn't work or you're not comfortable following those steps, can you
- Got to you Start menu, and enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ProSeries\Install\TY20\Logs
- Email the latest log file to firstname.lastname@example.org
I might be able to troubleshoot from the log
I am having this same issue. I can download the installer from the website, but when I try to install it on the computer, it goes until it says "installing files 8 of 58" and then an error pops up saying a problem occurred during installation. It tells me to try restarting the computer and restarting the installation, both of which I have done, but I keep getting the same error at the same spot.
If I click on more details, it says:
Patch failed to apply with error code: 18
Failure opening new file C:\ProWin20\32bit\ProPrd20.ini
Posting for Google / History sake..
C:\ProWin20\32bit had a file that was very, very broken.
- We couldn’t rename it
- We couldn’t change it to not read only
- We couldn’t drag it to desktop
- We couldn’t zip the entire 32 bit directory that contained it
- We couldn’t attach it to an email
The whole time Microsoft just kept saying it was "corrupt and unreadable". We don't know how it got in this state.
Ultimately, we worked around this issue by renaming the C:\ProWin20\32bit directory & reinstalling
If you run into this problem during an update, try renaming, deleting, moving whatever file it's complaining about and then try again. Then post here with details about what you did to rename/delete/move it, since I couldn't figure out how to do so with just the one corrupt file.