Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro series updater stops working when installing updates

trapperlon
Level 2

pro series updater stops working when installing updates and closes the program - can not e-file returns till updates are installed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I updated today no issues ....if you are having troubles, close the program and run Repair Updates from the Windows Programs menu, see if that helps at all.

repair.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
jrk45
Level 1

i restarted computer but it still doesn't work

0 Cheers
jbryl
Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  Restart does not work for me either.

Need to get this fixed ASAP

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I updated today no issues ....if you are having troubles, close the program and run Repair Updates from the Windows Programs menu, see if that helps at all.

repair.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
trapperlon
Level 2

I received an error - 5 message can not open program

0 Cheers
viswa-mpl
Level 2

we are also facing same problem, unable install new updates, the pop up window closing automatically.

0 Cheers
Brian777
Level 1

is there another solution.   The recommended solution did not solve the problem.

0 Cheers
viswa-mpl
Level 2

You find üpdate" button under Menubar, under that click 'refresh updates' to update completely. it will work.

lotis
Level 1

same issue.  It looks like the updater stops before the updates are fully installed, then you can't open ProSeries as it says it's already running but the updater has actually stopped working. Then you have to close ProSeries from the task manager, restart your computer and then rerun the "repair updates" until it gets to 100%.   Then ProSeries will work.  

Glitchy updater issue.

0 Cheers