Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series Link

helenlouise
Level 1

I am learning about Pro Series Link and am wondering if I am able to send a completed 1040 to the client via Link?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Inuit Link does not have this specific functionality built in (except for ProConnect Tax Online) but here is how it could work:

1. Click on the Add request button on the Client Details dashboard for the relevant tax year;
  2. In the pop-up, choose a Request Type (other than Engagement Letter and enter a description under Request Text for what your client should do with a copy of the return.  I would suggest using either "Yes/No Answer" or "Open Ended Answer" to request an acknowledgement from your client (note: you can do the same for F.8879, if applicable);
  3. Click on the paper clip button for Attach file(s) and select the return which you should have saved from PS in PDF format (the PDF does not need to be encrypted separately since Intuit Link itself is already encrypted); and
  4. Click on the Save button.

If you are using eSignature, you should refer to the instructions in this article instead:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-integrations/help/how-to-use-esignature-in-proseries-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Oh, one more step... make sure you click on the Notify Client button when you're back on the dashboard, so that a message will be emailed to your client about the new item he/she will need to action on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers