Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"PRO SERIES IS NOT RESPONDING" WHEN CHECKING FOR UPDATES

Level 7

Is any one else unable to check for updates due to "pro series not responding". This just started yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Level 1

I'm using Lacerte, but am not receiving acknowledgements yet as well.  None of my returns have been accepted by IRS yet.  Not sure what is up??

0 Cheers
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. I was referring to actual proseries software updates. I found the answer in an old post from 2019. The answer to your question is the IRS will not begin accepting returns until 02/12/2021 and then you will receive acknowledgements. Intuit is holding efiled returns until that date. Thank you.

0 Cheers

First, try exiting the program and re-signing in. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer... if that doesn't do it, try the modem. Exit the program, unplug your source modem, wait 15 seconds and plug it back in. If that doesn't do it, it's a Intuit issue. The entire process will cost you approximately 20- 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, everything is trial and error until you find the source.

0 Cheers
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. I found the answer in an old 2019 post. I had to check updates and download update directly through computer program/software icon list and it worked. Thank you.