Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series: Additional Information vs. Miscellaneous Statement

lhcpa
Level 2

Every time I need to use a statement to explain something on a tax return, I have to look up which statement actually gets e-filed with the tax return. One of our interns added on explanation about an IRA roll over on the Miscellaneous Statement. Since the Miscellaneous Statement does not get e-filed, the intern will have to re-enter the information on the Additional Information---a learning experience for the intern.

*Please add a note on the Additional Information screen and Miscellaneous Statement screens to indicate whether they can be used for e-filing.

3 Comments 3
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

As far as I have been able to tell in prior years, the only add on notes that actually get e-filed with the return are "Preparer Notes"

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I have to look up which statement actually gets e-filed with the tax return"

Where did you look that up? For a couple of centuries folks have questioned what actually gets attached with an e-filed ProSeries return and nobody has ever come back with a definitive answer. The only thing there has been a general consensus on is that the preparer notes do go for a free ride with the return as noted above.

Slava Ukraini!
lhcpa
Level 2

Here is the screenshot. I think this information should be on the statements and not buried in the Help.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 144236.jpg