Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro series 2018 has been randomly shutting down when we print. We will then loose all information. Is anyone else having this problem?

erinandkendra
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Happy-Tax
Level 4

For erinandkendra: If you haven't already done so, in ProSeries go to:  Tools > Options > General > File Save. Click the box for Save to Automatic Recovery file every. Then set the interval number to 1 or 2 minutes. That way you will never lose more than 1 or 2 minutes worth of work.

I spent 74 minutes on the phone with Tech Support this morning. My desktop machines (32-bit) are still botched up (crashing and can't print), but my 64-bit laptop hasn't crashed or failed to print even one time. I'm using my laptop here at the office until things return to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
22 Replies 22
Happy-Tax
Level 4

For erinandkendra: If you haven't already done so, in ProSeries go to:  Tools > Options > General > File Save. Click the box for Save to Automatic Recovery file every. Then set the interval number to 1 or 2 minutes. That way you will never lose more than 1 or 2 minutes worth of work.

I spent 74 minutes on the phone with Tech Support this morning. My desktop machines (32-bit) are still botched up (crashing and can't print), but my 64-bit laptop hasn't crashed or failed to print even one time. I'm using my laptop here at the office until things return to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Agreed, we are actively tracking to gather additional details, but please be sure to save your data regularly as you are working on a return, regardless to ensure you never lose information, if you have then the crash should not have impacted any data loss.

0 Cheers
jztax
Level 1

I have the same problem, tech support could not solve the problem.

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@erinandkendra @jztax does it crash if you just print to PDF?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
The issue popped up yesterday and Intuit has been made aware of the issue.
ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@IRonMaN I have seen a lot of these today but we have not been having problems.  That was why I wanted to see if they could print to PDF.  That could be a work around.  This is the second or third that I asked people but no response.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
thanks Ernie, i'm also asking alot of these, and is it client, filing or preparer copies.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Ernie   Does Happy's 32 bit vs 64 bit theory hold water for your situation?  I haven't updated and won't update until I know it is safe to go back into the water.
ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I'm seeing similar- more 32 bit vs 64, so Happy may be on to something there.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12
@Ernie I assume you've updated yesterday and you are still up and running? I also am up and running. I updated early afternoon yesterday. For the moment I have turned off my auto update.....I feel for the others as I'd be scared sh-tless!!
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@IRonMaN the computer that we mostly print from is a Windows 7 64 bit.  My machine is a Windows 10 64 bit.  The laptop that we printed from this morning is a Windows 7 64 bit.

I don't remember what Happy reported in his post.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
32 bit was the problem child
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@garman22 I did update yesterday and today and have had no problems.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@IRonMaN that would hold true here as all of our machines are 64 bit.  We do have a mix of Windows 7 and Windows 10.  But I don't do windows.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I am also running 64 bit but I am still going to hold off a bit just to be safe.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@IRonMaN I don't blame you.  I can say all 6 - 64 bit machines we have here have printed at least 1 return today and none of them have crashed.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12
I will hold as well for now. I have not efiled anyone yet so.......when the time comes and if it shuts the door on me...then I will open the update door.
0 Cheers
jztax
Level 1
@Ernie The program is fine when I print PDF
0 Cheers
erinandkendra
Level 1
PDF prints fine
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12
Thats good. I got used to PDF printing last year and found I liked it better than printing within PS print.
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 8

When scary things are going on such as violent thunderstorms or Pro Series glitches, I keep a flash drive in my computer and do a Pro Series backup to the flash drive VERY frequently.  I'm not paranoid but I have seen what weather and program problems can do.  

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12
oooooh, I must tell my IT guy this. Great thinking!!
0 Cheers