Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series 2009 error message : failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library(DLL) initialization routine failed

n1sparkman
Level 1

Purchased new computer.

Walked all programs over from old computer to new  computer thru software.  All years of proseries opened up except tax years 2009 2010  & 2010

The years before 2007&2008 opened up

The years after 2011 thru 2019 opened up

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Re: Pro Series 2009 error message : failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library(DLL) initialization routine failed"

Purchased new computer.

Walked all programs over from old computer to new  computer thru software.  All years of proseries opened up except tax years 2009 2010  & 2010

The years before 2007&2008 opened up

The years after 2011 thru 2019 opened up"

Got a bad .dll file somewhere.  Uninstall and reinstall from your Intuit Online account, rather than through the software.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
tfreis
Level 2

I know this is an old thread but I have the same error message for 2010. I am downloading from the online account. Downloaded the patch. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Even restarted my computer. But I am still getting the same Error 1114 DLL initialization routine failed.

0 Cheers
Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

Its possible that the dll didn't get registered properly during installation. Its important to be an administrator if you attempt to fix this in the following way. 

You can try this:

• Go to the Search window and type cmd, right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as an administrator option.

• Type the following command in the command window and hit Enter - regsvr32 <dllname>

Example:

So if I was to register ProSeries.dll I would type in the command prompt... regsvr32 ProSeries.dll

0 Cheers