Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Basic 2020 efile failure

zturner779
Level 2

Every time I attempt to efile a client return in Pro Series Basic, I get the following result: Form 1040 Individual. Not transmitted, the selected return(s) was not successfully converted for Electronic Filing. Open the return(s), correct any errors in Final Review, save the return(s) and re-convert for Electronic Filing.

I have updated the software several times in an attempt to fix any problems. 

Final Review shows no errors to be fixed.

HELP!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Camp1040
Level 10

Try repairing updates and the "duct tape" fix of rebooting.

Camp1040
Level 10

Be sure you did not try to transmit before converting, if you are new to proseries.

0 Cheers
zturner779
Level 2

I did all that before posting. Finally tried to eFile a single federal return. Got a different error message that led me to my preparer information. Once I marked my PTIN as verified, my problem was solved. Returns now convert and transmit seamlessly.

0 Cheers
zturner779
Level 2

Definitely not a newbie. Started with TurboTax 30 years or more ago. Graduated to ProSeries about twenty years ago. When I decided to eFile a single federal return, the resulting error message led me to my preparer information. After marking my PTIN as approved, my problem was solved.Returns now convert and transmit flawlessly.