Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior Year Returns in Current Year Software - ProSeries

Hey guys, question about e-filing for when they open up MeF next month:

Can I somehow file a 2019 individual return in 2020 ProSeries, or must I use the 2019 ProSeries? I ask because I almost completely remember seeing a screen where I could select the year of the tax return I was working on and I've purchased my tax returns but they're only in the 2020 version of ProSeries so I can save my firm (and thusly myself) a good amount of money by using my pre-purchased returns in 2020 instead of buying an authorization for a return in 2019 ProSeries.

Help?

Obviously will be MUCH appreciate. T

Thanks!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen some other reports of issues with 2019 Esignatures, I dont use them so Im not familiar with how they're supposed to work and if this is normal or not, sorry.

Hope 2/12 works it magic and things fall into place for you!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You'll need the 2019 program for 2019 returns and yes, you'll have to pay for those within the 2019 program if you want to Efile or print the return.  Authorizations already purchased n the 2020 program, cant be used for 2019 returns.

Hi Lisa, that's what I figured. However, as I said before, when I try to purchase additional eSignatures and authorize in my ProSeries 2019 Professional software it does not allow me to.

I will go ahead and assume I've got to wait until MeF opens next month as that's the most sensible next idea and they have written some nomenclature pointing to that as a possibility. Big picture I've got to learn to let things happen and develop instead of always trying to get "ahead of the curve" with certain things in the tax world. 

Thank you so very much and have a fantastic week 🙂

Louis S. Marchman 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen some other reports of issues with 2019 Esignatures, I dont use them so Im not familiar with how they're supposed to work and if this is normal or not, sorry.

Hope 2/12 works it magic and things fall into place for you!

0 Cheers

Pretty much the hope for now, lol.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Mark Wexler
Level 1

Not that helpful if you're looking for guidance in filing prior year returns.

0 Cheers