Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior year lookback for EITC

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont have many of these but I could have sworn earlier this year that PYEI appeared on Line 27 of the 1040 next to the EITC amount...I dont see that happening anymore.....can anyone confirm this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't think it needs to be there this year because 27c already shows the Prior Year amount.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't think it needs to be there this year because 27c already shows the Prior Year amount.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahhh, ok. Maybe Im remembering wrong, I could have sworn it still had it on the line earlier this year....I cant remember who had it or not, for me to go look though.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I haven't had one yet for this year so I'm not sure what it was doing before.  But because they added its own line, there is no need for it (and the 1040 instructions don't mention "PYEI").

Rick1725
Level 3

I have a question about the lookback:

My client had no earned income in 2021 but did have about $6000 in 2019. She meets the other criteria for the EIC. Can we use the 2019 amount even though she had no earned income in 2021?

Thanks you

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Yes.

0 Cheers
Rick1725
Level 3

That is the best answer in the history of questions and answers.

Thanks you.