Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing

Bseddon
Level 1

I have had the worst year with proseries....I keep having to do a clean install in order to print...about 9 hrs with intuit support and 4 hrs with my IT company and they still say the ONLY answer is another reinstall which works until the program restarts or updates.  Have used this for years, last year's prints w/o an issue as does the test page.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Back in 2018 or 2019 I had a weird printing issue.  I had to reboot the computer and printer after any update or I couldn't print at all. 

Never figured out what the problem was, I just knew as soon as an update happened, I had to shut everything down and power back up.

Can you print to PDF, then print the PDF to paper or does printing to PDF not work either?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

As Lisa says, try printing to pdf and then printing the pdf(s).  

I've been doing that for about 5 years now and find it much quicker and more efficient than the Intuit printer routines.   

I print letters, returns, 8879s, invoices, etc. to pdf. If I need a paper copy, just highlight them all and print.... if not, I can upload to intuit link.  The pdfs end up in the client file forever anyway.

I haven't had a printing issue in 5+ years. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround