Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing issues in Basic

dalanger
Level 3

Changed from ProSeries Professional to ProSeries Basic for 2022.  Have print questions.  It appears the Basic program does not allow you to choose printing options for all files, such as "print if any info".  So when I go to print a return, some forms do not show up I guess because they are not required to be filed with the return, such as Sch  A.  There are times I want to print certain schedules and/or forms.  The only way these schedules will print is if I open the form, right click and choose print.  There is no option for choosing which pages I want to print.  It prints the entire schedule.  Now I'm wasting paper.  And you really have to remember which of these forms you want to go back to and print.  This is a real pain and time consuming.  ProSeries can't seem to resolve this issue for me.  Any help would really be appreciated.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea, Basic is just that.  You lose some of the convenience things that are included with Professional.

Ive never used Basic, but hopefully someone that's familiar with it has some workaround ideas for you!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Basic user here.  If you only want to print specific schedules and forms, after you click Print on the left hand margin, you will be taken to a menu of options:  Filing Copy, Client Copy, and Preparer Copy.  In each version, you can click on the specific forms/schedules you wish to print out.  

I have never used Professional, so this setup works just fine for me.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@jofijohnjoseph  good to know!  Ive never even see Basic...Basic users get access to Pro, but us Pro users dont have access to Basic.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers