Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing doesn't work on Federal Forms

cpa2help
Level 2

I'm unable to print Federal Forms or returns in ProSeries 2022.  I started having that issue late 2021 with 2021 tax returns.  The state returns printed, by no Federal Forms would print.

Any ideas?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dascpa
Level 11

No problems for me for 2022 business, trust or individual as well as 2021.  Check your printer setup at File, Profit Options, Printer-PDF-and DMS Setup.

Glossy847
Level 3

In print this client check the box for print PDF file and display PDF after save the tax return shows  up on screen and you can print the return from that screen.  I had that problem for the 2021 returns and printed them out with that method.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Make sure youve got both boxes checked in this window, if only the state is checked, thats all that will print.

printingbothfedstate.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
cpa2help
Level 2

Yes I selected both boxes, and only the state return printed.

I just got off the phone with ProSeries support and we discovered that it I selected to print on the printer and pdf at the same time, the forms went to the printer.  If I selected the printer only, and not to pdf, that the Federal forms would not go to my printer.

Perplexing.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

very weird, but at least youve got a workaround.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers