Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing 2019 Form 1040X

CY3800
Level 2

I would like to know if anyone encounter this problem.  I prepared the amended returns in 2019 program.  When I print the form, the numbers that I entered all disappeared.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I did one today, worked fine.

Did you open and activate the 1040X by marking the 2019 year box on the form THEN go back and make the corrections?  If you made the corrections then opened the 1040X, the figures dont flow.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I did one today, worked fine.

Did you open and activate the 1040X by marking the 2019 year box on the form THEN go back and make the corrections?  If you made the corrections then opened the 1040X, the figures dont flow.

0 Cheers
CY3800
Level 2

Thank you for your tip!  Now it works.

JCBLUM
Level 1

I need to file 1040x for efiled return on which estimated payments were deducted

I cant find the box to activate the original return amounts for income etc, but the return only shows the revised liability and payment amounts and corrected refund.  I cant seem to find the box to use the return amounts as originally filed as in the past.

Also, can the program allow electronic filing for the 1040X?  I thought I read that the Service was accepting this recently.

Thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Efiling amendments wont be available until the 26th (at least thats last I heard).

Generally you wouldn't amend for incorrect estimated payments, IRS catches those and corrects them automatically.

Since the income and tax liability didnt change only the payments did, you wont get the original or corrected numbers (which will be the same) to fill in automatically, you'd have to type those in manually...but again, generally you wouldn't amend for estimated payments.

0 Cheers