Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTER SUPPORT

Olympus Tax
Level 3

Does anyone agree that it is time for Intuit to update their print drivers and availability of print functionality, 

Isn't it time for a company as large as Intuit to support two sided printing, after all it would save a lot of trees..

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They support 2 sided printing, I had to turn it off 2 sided printing in my Windows Printer settings or all the pages came out duplex (and I hate that!).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Camp1040
Level 10

Set your printer preferences at two side, not in the program but in your control panel.

works fine.

PATAX
Level 15

Don't give him any ideas or they may make it mandatory. I like one page and I'm not ready to cross the double sided page bridge yet.

qbteachmt
Level 15

In Windows Settings > Devices > Printers, make sure there is no checkmark in:

Let Windows manage my default printer

Because you want to use a Program's controls and not let Windows override the program's settings.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Two sided?  I would be happy if I could get a complete Minnesota return to print on paper, I don't care how many sides the paper has.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:
I would be happy if I could get a complete Minnesota return to print on paper, I don't care how many sides the paper has.

It prints fine.  You just need to learn how to read gobbledygook.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Trust me, with all of the anvil hits, I can read gobbledygook.  But for the 3 or 4 clients that I have that actually look at what I print out for them, they might get a little confused.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

Your printer is probably freezing up when it gets to the Minnesota return.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It shouldn't - I pour a gallon of Prestone into it every day.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It helps to mix a little of the anti-freeze in with the toner.

In my area, tonight/tomorrow morning is going to have a negative 30 wind-chill.  But it will be sunny tomorrow, so I'm considering going to the beach.  I'll need to fuel up my ice auger to start drilling holes in the ice so I can go for swim.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It’s 22 below here at the moment and we don’t need to cheat and factor any wind to get there.  Also, they make good electric augers these days so you don’t need to bring a gas can with you to the beach.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@IRonMaN  - I can still send that down comforter I offered.  And if you don't want it, @TaxGuyBill  - how about you?

The way shipping works these days, you would have it by the spring thaw.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Give it to Bill - he could probably use it at the beach

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

It’s 22 below here at the moment and we don’t need to cheat and factor any wind to get there.

Yeah, it is quite a bit warmer here - only 10 below right now (22 below wind-chill). 

As for the 'cheating' for factoring in the wind, I generally agree with you, BUT ... if you have ever been in downtown Minneapolis during the winter, and the way the tall buildings funnel the air down the streets - you NEED to factor in wind-chill. 

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Intuit print options and printing was never really designed to work.... it probably never will......

Try printing to pdf then print the pdfs.... works much better... faster... more reliable.... 

shhhh.... don't tell the developers........ they'll fine a way to break it. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers