Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Error

PATAX
Level 15

When I try to print anything from ProSeries it instead tries to "save print output as". It never did this before and I can't close this screen and just print the form. Anyone else experience this or have a solution. Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Check to see if your default printer setting got messed up.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Check to see if your default printer setting got messed up.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks IronMan , that was exactly it. For some reason my default printer was changed by itself on all my software, including Pro Series. It kept "printing" to PDF . Had a hard time trying to change it back, and it kept saying the printer was idle. I kept trying and doing Google searches and finally I downloaded a Windows 11 update and it look like it corrected it. Just amazing how it can change all by itself without me telling it to do it. Real nice huh. Pretty soon we're going to have to hire I.T. guys to take care of this crap. Unbelievable.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"For some reason my default printer was changed by itself on all my software, including Pro Series"

This started with W10.

Settings > Devices, Printers, scroll down to find the box for Let Windows manage my printer and remove the checkmark, when you see one. Let your programs manage their printer functions.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks QB. I did check that earlier,  and I did tell them when I set up the computer originally not to let Windows do that. But for some reason it decided to change my default printer. Why this happened now I'm not sure. But the update corrected it and restored my default printer for all my software.