Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print CLIENT copy MESSAGE says: You have chosen not to print the following forms: St Reqd Info

liz11364
Level 2

How to eliminate the message?

Even selecting Restore Defaults does not eliminate the message in the Print CLIENT copy only.

The taxpayer resides in New York. Other residents NY CLIENT Copy returns print without the message.

This taxpayer has an exempt NY government pension and two IRA distributions.

The message does not appear when printing the File Copy or the Preparer Copy.

ProSeries Basic does not offer Control Which Forms to Print.

Can you provide a print screen of what information would be printed on the St Reqd Info page?

Thank YOU very much for the feedback!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cmsimonis
Level 2

SO just got off phone with customer support, the form is in the state list of forms, as a temporary fix you can print just that form so you have the required form then go ahead and print the return without the it in the list.  They are working on a fix to link that form to the required forms in Basic, but many not be done until next week, and will be in an update.  That is what they told me.  And I had to help find that form once I knew what the issue was exactly.  

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is that for CA?   Maybe it only prints with the Client copy?  or maybe you have to enable it in Control Which Forms Print in order to get it to print with the Preparer copy?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im using professional, but you should have something similar in basic

staterequired.png

0 Cheers
liz11364
Level 2

It happens to be New York.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hmmm, I dont see NY in my print options, but I also dont have NY installed since I dont use it...does it show up in your list like CA does in mine?

EDIT   I just installed NY and yes, its in there.....does Basic have a similar window to control which forms print?

0 Cheers
tabkay82
Level 1

I have the same problem happen for all my Montana returns. I also use Basic. Hoping someone has an answer.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

It's short for State Required Information , which pretty much says it all. Ohio introduced it this year and I guess other states have as well.

Not printing it is not an option and it is only in the Client copy.

liz11364
Level 2

I do not have a choice in ProSeries Basic to select or deselect St Reqd Info as a document in the CLIENT copy. Just keep getting the message when attempting to print the CLIENT copy. It occurs for a taxpayer has a Form 1099-R with a NYS exempt distribution. What does the page/form with St Reqd Info look like? Thanks for helping.

0 Cheers
cmsimonis
Level 2

I get the same message on WI return, it has a w-2 for a local School board which doesn't collect SS tax and a 1099 that had state gambling winings and I get the same issue. Not sure why 

0 Cheers
user_916354
Level 2

I have ProSeries Basic - whenever I try and print the Client copy it warns me that I am "choosing" to not print the State Required Info, but I didn't choose that and don't know where to find the option to change it.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
CYNDE331561
Level 1

Hi

Yes I saw this posted - unfortunately Basis does not have this wonderful drop down menu.  Perhaps I should switch?  Now I am having issues where the file will not transmit.  Says there are errors when there are not (unless this is the error it sees).  I guess I need to wait until tomorrow - or reinstall and see if that fixes it. 

Thank you so much for your reply. 

0 Cheers
cmsimonis
Level 2

SO just got off phone with customer support, the form is in the state list of forms, as a temporary fix you can print just that form so you have the required form then go ahead and print the return without the it in the list.  They are working on a fix to link that form to the required forms in Basic, but many not be done until next week, and will be in an update.  That is what they told me.  And I had to help find that form once I knew what the issue was exactly.  

user_916354
Level 2

Thank you - I wonder what state form it is for me?  I might just ignore this and move on to more important things and hope that it gets fixed quickly with a pending update.  ;o(

0 Cheers
cmsimonis
Level 2

You can find it in the State forms, then select that form only to print, that way you still have the form to give the client that is required.  It's a new form this year and they didn't get it linked right so even though it is required in the background something isn't linked correctly to print it.  

0 Cheers