Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for Next Year

Level 1

Even though it is only September I want to create 2021 in the FAS by using the prepare for next year option.....mainly for budgeting purposes....I go to prepare for next year which will basically update the info and create 2021....

My question is if I do this will this cause me troubles when I get to December and want to roll over again?  Or simply can I do this option multiple times

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
dascpa
Level 11

Do NOT do this.  Fixed Asset software has a calculation feature that when you roll over the calculations you cannot undo.  If you need to print or revise anything for the current year, you're screwed.

To get future reports you can change the date in the reports menu section.  This is also a projection (future) depreciation report available.

It sucks we need to wait to mid-December to enter current year assets but that's when ProSeries releases the product.