Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer Notes

mappp
Level 4

I transferred a client to 2020 and the 2019 preparer note came along too.  So I clicked on the old preparer note and choose "delete".  Didn't work.  So I opened the old preparer note and hit "Ctrl W".  Didn't work.  So I deleted client, went to options and unchecked the box to transfer notes with the client file.  Transferred client again.  Along came old preparer note.  Does anyone know how to delete an unwanted preparer note?

While I was looking for answer in the community I came across discussion on "how many preparers would retire after this season".  It's looking better & better!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah sometimes they are a pain  to delete.. maybe open up the note and just keep hitting the backspace button until you eliminate all of the information...

mappp
Level 4

That's another problem.  Because it's not a 2020 note, it can't be edited.  If I call the old note up on the screen and then choose "Add/Edit note" from the Edit option, the note box comes up blank.  Calling the note up on the screen shows the form, but won't allow it to be edited directly.  

0 Cheers
whyohwhy
Level 1

how was this problem solved?  I have the same problem: inability to delete a carried over note.

0 Cheers
Pam90041
Level 1

I had this issue, two Preparer Notes referencing issues from prior years.  The actual Preparer Note was unchangeable and wouldn't delete if I hit Ctrl-W, they just stayed.  I finally found their source, they were actually "Additional Information" sheets.  I could delete the Additional Information sheet and the two uneditable Preparer Notes finally went away.

I guess if the return is being efiled, the Additional Information sheets show as Preparer Notes until the additional information sheet is deleted.