Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preparer code

Highlighted
Level 1

The program seems to have deleted the preparer code I input when installing.  Every file says it is not valid.  If I enter the info where asked, it only lasts while I am in that particular client, until I close that file, then it is gone completely again.  This is true for business and 1040.  I tried to input without being in a file and it would not stick either.  I signed into "my Intuit account" as instructed, but there you can only change the firm information, not add preparers.

Anyone had this issue?  How resolved?  Or do I have to wait on hold forever to ask customer service?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10

from home base, click on tools, then options. from there go to firm/preparer info, and put in a preparer code

Highlighted
Level 1

That is exactly what I have been doing, that does not work.  As soon as I go out of that screen it is gone (that is, the save function does not work).

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

<<CPAMITCHELL>>

Just to confirm, are you using ProSeries 1040? If so, you must be in HomeBase View before proceeding.

Then click the “Tools” menu and scroll to “Options” at the bottom. On left side menu, you should see “Firm/Preparer Info” half way down. Click on this, and you should be able to enter the global settings for your firm at the top. You must enter all of this information first. Then, just below the firm information, is a section called “Preparer/Electronic Return Originator (ERO) Information.” This must also be filled out with at least one tax preparer listed. Note: Some of the information may be redundant, and I suspect this may be the source of some confusion. Once the first tax preparer is entered, you can enter additional tax preparers directly beneath. Hope this helps!