Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium tax credit

JD028
Level 3

I receive an error: The e-file database indicates that Form 8962 or....

The client is not, and has never been, in the Health Market place...covered by his employer. He did not receive a 1095-A. E-file is rejected. How do I clear this?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

Your client will need to contact the Marketplace.  Based on other posts.... some people have gone on the site to check out the information and actually signed up.     

If you have time (and patience), scroll back through the forum.  You'll find many others have had the same problem.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

"The client is not, and has never been, in the Health Market place"

But the IRS says otherwise.  As the flower child mentioned there have been quite a few folks this tax season that posted pretty much the same statement as you only to find out that they were wrong.

Slava Ukraini!
JD028
Level 3

Based on dkh's reply I went to the Marketplace and was able to verify the client did have an account established. I could not log in but it provided insight.

Based on the above and Ironman's insight I asked the spouse who did not swear they never had Marketplace insurance and.....you guessed it.

JD028
Level 3

ased on dkh's reply I went to the Marketplace and was able to verify the client did have an account established. I could not log in but it provided insight.

Based on the above and Ironman's insight I asked the spouse who did not swear they never had Marketplace insurance and.....you guessed it.