Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP loan forgiveness statement for S corp returns?

lweav
Level 3

Will the 1120S have the required PPP loan forgiveness statement ready anytime soon or do we need to add by hand to all these returns?  If its available on your 1040 it needs to be available on the entities returns.  What’s the plan!?!?!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I made a dummy 1040 file called PPP.  In it is a schedule C with PPP attached.  I just over-ride heading with S-corp or p-ship name and EIN, put in amounts and print to pdf.  I attach this pdf to return as other attachment. 

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

There is a statement that needs to be attached to the corporate or partnership tax return? Didn't know that.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I made a dummy 1040 file called PPP.  In it is a schedule C with PPP attached.  I just over-ride heading with S-corp or p-ship name and EIN, put in amounts and print to pdf.  I attach this pdf to return as other attachment. 

lweav
Level 3

This is a super smart idea thank you!!! 

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Make sure you rename it to something with s-corp name and ppp stmnt before sending.  I think eventually Proseries will have an attachment in those modules but until then I am covering my arse.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I setup a Word document.  Change name, rank and serial number and print to pdf and attach to the return.  It really doesn't require a degree in rocket science to make it work.

Slava Ukraini!
OHCPA109
Level 2

Mine was rejected with "other" attachment. Did yours go through?

0 Cheers
lweav
Level 3

Haven’t tried it yet.

0 Cheers