Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE VOTE FOR STATE DEPRECIATION REPORTS

dkh
Level 15

Yes, I was shouting.  In case you missed it, there is "open for voting" for the ability to view/print state depreciation reports.   Please vote.  View and print state deprecation - Intuit Accountants Community

I know it probably will be a year before it is available but if this year goes as fast as last year - that will be soon enough.

22 Comments 22
PATAX
Level 15

👍dkh... Pro Series does a good job on depreciation, and it already figures out state depreciation figures, so how hard would it be to put those figures on a schedule for the state? Come on man.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

LOL.  History has shown the 'voting' thing is completely useless and is a complete joke.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are going to be shouting, I’m not going to be voting.  Ok, I changed my mind.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I'm being optimistic.   This was just recently implemented....Please allow me to efile amended tax returns for n... - Intuit Accountants Community   Which makes me hopeful for the state depreciation

thumbs up smile.jpg

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, you can always hope - they can’t take that away from you.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

That had 19 votes.  There were many suggestions with more votes.

In other words, those votes had little or zero influence on what they decide to do.

In the case of e-filing an amended return, there was absolutely no reason for Intuit to have done that in the first place.  They INTENTIONALLY had to ADD a restriction so we could not do it.  I suspect that every other professional software was capable of doing it, so Intuit almost HAD to allow it.

PATAX
Level 15

Only seven people have voted for this so far! What is the matter with you people? Many people are reading this and have never registered to participate on this forum. Why don't you register and you can vote for this? Furthermore, you can participate in other posts on this forum once you are registered, and you can help your colleagues . Don't be selfish . For those who are registered, you need to wake up and smell the coffee, and vote for this. It doesn't hurt, even if they don't listen to it, it is worth the try.

dkh
Level 15

@PATAX    I checked the count today also.  Like you I was extremely disappointed.  

I vote for every reasonable Idea that is open for voting....even if it will never benefit me... because as a fellow tax professional anything that will make this job easier for someone is worth a click of the mouse.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Personally I don’t really pay much attention to those requests.  Rather than having the programmers spend time putting somebody’s hair brained idea in place, I just want them spending their time making sure that the basics in place now work like they are supposed to.  

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Ok… you got my vote… 

SIDE BET:. If you get enough votes this year… it will 2 more years for implementation…. BUT that’s still better than the 8 years to implement the locking feature… wager is 15,000 ACME trading stamps.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
PATAX
Level 15

@Skylane Thanks Skylane.

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh Some people just do not want to get involved. I have a colleague and good friend who is extremely knowledgeable, and has a vast amount of diverse experience, but he will not join this forum, even though I have asked him a few times. For myself, I did not join this forum right away either, but now that I have, I see that it is the best move that I could have made.

dkh
Level 15

@Skylane  Bet accepted.

dkh
Level 15

But what if one of those hair brained ideas is super easy to implement. Say sitting at a desk in the Intuit programming compound there's "Tommy" with not much to do because he isn't part of the "basic program" team.  Then by chance some ProSeries user comes up with a program change request to make their job easier and low and behold "Tommy" can make that happen in just a matter of days.  (I have no experience or knowledge in the area of programming)  BUT Intuit will only allow "Tommy" to work on this hair brained idea when there are a XX number of votes.   So by voting you are giving "Tommy" a purpose in life. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

@dkh and @PATAX  - You folks are relatively newcomers to this place.  For those of us that have been around since dirt, we have watched this game for years.  I remember back to my first year posting here back in 1932.  I asked about adding form 5227 to ProSeries.  I had one of the moderators come back and say that they would put the request in to add the form.  I was excited and thought that it was great that they were going to add it.  If you look into the current wishing well and the wishing well in the old forum, you will see that form 5227 has been wished up on a star many times by a lot of folks.  Now take a look at the list of forms in ProSeries.  Do you see form 5227 listed anywhere?

The file locking feature was Chuck Warman's crusade.  Over and over he would bring it up and it also appeared in the old wishing well multiple times.  It was finally added, but Chuck passed away before he ever had the chance to see the feature.

The point is, Intuit adds features when someone at Intuit decides they are going to add features.  It doesn't matter how many times folks bring it up or how many "votes" it gets.  That enhancement request page is just a page for folks to feel good.  Intuit doesn't really care what is there.  If something on that page shows up as being added, it is purely a fluke. 

So the moral of the story is, you folks can dream on, but some of us have been disappointed by Intuit for too many years to really have any faith in them listening to us.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dkh 

Stumbled across this one after reading this post, Is this the same idea? if so I can merge the two and it would have 13 more votes.  I'll also look around and see if I see any other duplicates. 

-Betty Jo 

dkh
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo   Yes it is same idea.   Thank you, would love the votes to be merged. Also, would really love the state depreciation request to be implemented this tax season.   😊    

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Done, thank YOU

PATAX
Level 15

Now up to 21 votes. Since most ProSeries Tax users are not registered on this forum, one can logically assume that the vast majority of pro series users want the ability to print the state depreciation schedule. Also I believe that Drake Software allows you to print state depreciation schedule. Drake is the major competitor of Pro Series, and I would think that Pro Series would want to keep up with the competition, don't you?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Right now, I would prefer not having to wait until 3/17 for form 2210 rather than having them spend time on state depreciation schedules.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN they should be able to take care of both simultaneously. There is no reason why they should not be able to do this. If they have to hire someone else to help them with this then they should do this. I'm sure there are a lot of college graduates looking for jobs. Just my opinion.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But do those college graduates work as cheap as us?

Slava Ukraini!