Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please release me; let me go. Iowa gambling is such an addiction we tax it twice.

taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

It has been two weeks since I and someone else notified Proseries that they were adding gambling winnings on almost all Iowa returns twice.  A few were not added twice.  It is habit to check and override the one in the wrong spot and then ignore e-file checking.  However on a couple of them Intuit is holding on to them rather than returning them to me or release to Iowa.  If I got them back I could try override in different spot.

So for my hung up files "please release me, let me go.  I don't know if I love Intuit anymore."

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

At least your 8903 is coming next week - you can’t have everything in this place.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

At least your 8903 is coming next week - you can’t have everything in this place.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

The update to fix the duplication of Iowa Gambling Winnings just went out about 20 minutes ago. If you run your updates it should resolve it on the clients going forward. The ones that were pending in e-file have they moved at all yet? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
So this was another bug that Intuit never bothered to tell anyone about. Glad they fixed it, though.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It was Iowa, so it didn't count.  Little did they know there was a singing cowboy from Iowa that they would have to contend with.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
Thanks Charlene.  I thought IRMN was in charge of the unreported error list.  It was mentioned in a post here but maybe not called to attention of moderator because it was an easy fix at first.  But as I mentioned I still have 2 in limbo at Intuit.  One was sent a while ago and then came back.  So I tried something different and not it is hung again.  The other was probably sent last Friday.  And if they have fixed it please give my files back.  Both have gambling.  I probably had 10 or so others that went thru fine.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I had to leave the unreported error list job because I was busy negotiating to get your 8903 built.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
I am so excited for next week.  I think I will cry seeing a live 8903 like I did when I first saw our oldest daughter being born.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Hopefully the 8903 doesn't arrive with any birth defects.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers