Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase out on child tax credit not correct if status is Head of Household??

m_mullendore
Level 1

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Numbers to prove your case?

Slava Ukraini!
m_mullendore
Level 1

$116,458 with one 14 yo and only getting $2000. I think should be $2800

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Given your inputs I agree with your math.  Extend and figure it out later?

Or start playing with AGI to see how it impacts the worksheet results.  Maybe something else is going on but it's hard to say since PS does not produce the worksheet.  Is HOH a new filing status this year?  (Just trying to think outside the box, maybe if FS was Single last year and changed this year there's some bad data hanging around behind the scenes that's causing PS to pull the wrong data?).  Check that you're getting HOH math on other calculations on the return.

Try another return to see if it's a problem with your data file or a problem with the programming.  I have a couple clients "Fictitious Taxpayer" and "Form Ordering" that I play around with. 🙂

I had one yesterday where I didn't check a box and ended up with non-refundable CTC (different software) instead of refundable CTC.  That was my clue that it was a PEBCAK problem, nothing to do with the Line 5 Wks though but it was a breadcrumb I was able to follow to a solution.  See if you can find any other breadcrumbs.

Rick

Bsch4477
Level 3
Level 3

Any advanced child tax credit?

0 Cheers