Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pfishing Email?

Highlighted
Level 3

l got an email asking me to "click here" to update my Intuit password.  Looked very realistic, but not the way I'm used to updating my email, so I'm ignoring it.

Is anyone aware of a Pfishing Email???

Labels (1)
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Level 8

No, but it certainly sounds as if you received one.  I wouldn't touch that email for anything!

Highlighted
Level 15

Well at least the pfish weren't biting today.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I got it too, as well as another preparer in town (we called me to see if its real).  I think it may be legit, the links appeared to go to Intuit addresses, but in very poor form to ask people to click here in an unsolicited email to update a password.

I'll wait for my program to prompt me one of these mornings to update my password (even though I changed it right at the beginning of the year.)

@IntuitAustin  can you confirm if a password update email was sent out to customers in the past few days?    And if so, they need to stop including links in email like that, we constantly warn people to NEVER click a link in email.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

An email reminding some customers that their password will reset within the next 14-days was sent out on February 4th. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Highlighted
Level 8

INTUIT "We care about security and we do everything we can to prevent anyone from getting at your, and your client, personal data"

INTUIT - let's send out an unsolicited e-mail that may actually be a phishing e-mail to our customers.

Highlighted
Level 8

@IntuitAustin Since we receive a very clear notification that we must change our password or not be able to login to a particular tax year, why would Intuit send out an email that goes against everything we have all been told about avoiding pfishing attempts?  I received that email and while it looked authentic, I deleted it in about 30 seconds.

Highlighted
Level 8

@poolcleaner I guess this is one of those questions that @IntuitAustin doesn't want to answer.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I doubt @IntuitAustin has anything to do with the emails that get sent out en masse like that.   

But hopefully he can pass our concerns to whomever is in charge of things like that....or maybe it was a AI computer generated email and no actual person was involved?  If so, someone needs to reprogram the AI to better recognize cyber security risks..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

This was an email that was generated by our support team as a courtesy warning to customers about their expiring password. I will cascade the feedback on this post about the email to our support team. 

Cheers!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"