Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Tax Returns Tax in Efile Center

Mrepaka
Level 1

I feel that in the Pro Series EF Center, in the Pending tab, only the following types of Returns should be shown in the  Pending Tab.  Showing that the Returns are pending

1) with intuit

2) sent  to IRS and

3) Sent to State 

4) Also the Returns are to be transmitted to IRS and State Agencies after 10 minutes of submitting of the Tax Returns to intuit, so by mistake, if a Return is transmitted, there should be an opportunity for the tax preparer to withdraw the  Return before submitting to IRS and State Agencies.

5) Also, it may be better that the Returns are allowed to be efiled only by opening the client file rather than from the Efile center, this way the returns will not get efiled 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

1, 2 and 3 are already shown in the EFCenter.
4 you can do on your own, just wait till the end of the day and batch file all the returns at once, which would make number 5 is a no-go.

I batch file all my returns, Ive never once Efiled from within a client return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Mrepaka
Level 1

I never talked about batch file Returns. In fact I am talking about filing returns each clients returns individually.  So, I feel that the Pending Returns tab showing all the returns pending including the ones we have to file is not I am talking about.  Pending Returns should show only the Returns pending with

1) Intuit,

2) Sent to IRS and

3) Sent to State.

Only those three types of returns should be in Pending Returns tab.

For filing the Returns, one should go to the Return and efile the Returns.

Thanks

Murthy

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so you want a whole other tab just for returns that are temporarily on their way through the Efile system? The majority of returns are only in process like this for less than 24 hours.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Mrepaka
Level 1

Some States Tax Returns take 2 days. 

0 Cheers