Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf saving location

Please tell me how I can choose the location where my 'Create PDF' saves

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

From Home Base, press  "Ctrl P" that will bring up the print options window, click on "Printer, PDF, and DMS setup" you then you have the choice of the default or change any item to your liking.

Camp1040
Level 10

If you want to save your ProPDF to other than the default location, such as your desktop. Go to C find the ProPDF folder, right click and create a shortcut to your desktop.

I think that might have been what you were asking. FYI only the Intuit All stars are certified in mind reading: Smiley Happy

Anne-T
Level 3

The problem I have with saving PDFs to my server (S:/) instead of the default C:/ drive is I have to correct it every day! Program does NOT remember my selection when I close down the program. The whole reason I have the server and pay for the network license is to be able to use my server to store everything!

tax456
Level 4

Every time there is an update, the PDF file location defaults back to my local computer.  We have a Network installation.  I usually am able to just change it, but recently the Network drive doesn't even show up until I close the program and restart my computer.  This is frustrating.  Please fix this issue.

bhart
Level 3

We are having the same problem with some of our workstations.  Some maintain the correct network setting and other workstations revert back to the C: drive setting when the program is closed.  This needs to be corrected.

0 Cheers
trecbrookes
Level 1

The files aren't even writing to the ProPDF folder.  I can't see them.  I have view to all "hidden files" even and they aren't there.  Tried searching whole PC and no PDFs were created today. I have ProSeries Basic so don't have the same window option to do a View of the PDF and then Save to Desktop.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

The above afforementioned solution of Viewing the PDF, then saving to desktop doesn't work in the ProSeriesBasic version.  Feature isn't there.  Cluncky software.

0 Cheers
trecbrookes
Level 1

It keeps taking me into the return. 

I don't see a print options and DMS setup area.

Is it available in ProSeries Basic?  Otherwise, do you know the instructions for fixing ProSeries Basic, please?

My files aren't saving to the location it mentions.  They aren't being saved anywhere.  Also looked at permissions to the folder and it is not "controlled access" 

0 Cheers
trecbrookes
Level 1

ok.  I found a workaround to get the form to save to a PDF that I could find....

From Menu toolbar, File>>Print,
Select the form you want and deselect everything else.
I used the Preparer Copy tab and deselected everything except the form and the parent of that form where it resides.  Then

Go to the tab:

Print Setup Options
>>Printer: OneNote(Desktop)
>>Print as Image

That will create the form in OneNote, Under an Unfiled Notes document in which it will open automatically and have the title "Printout".  I updated the title, and then selected from the Menu bar, FIle>>Send>>Send as PDF

It opens an email with the PDF as an attachment where you can send to them.  I copy the PDF to my permanent location and take a look at it before emailing, in case the format is landscape instead of portrait etc. 

This is a painful process but is a short-term workaround until they can actually get the software - ProSeries Basic - to work.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I use Pro Series basic and do not have any trouble saving PDF files my system is standalone, I can't even follow the scenario you were describing. When you select print from the left hand side of the screen then you have 3 tabs at the top, file copy, client copy , preparer copy, and then print options. Check that your print options are what you want and that you have selected Pro PDF as the default location when you installed the software then select preparer  tab and click save as a PDF bottom of the screen if your system does not look like that maybe it's not basic.

0 Cheers
tomvsmith
Level 2

When I go to the screen as described below the box for the location does not allow access to my server, which is "M" or shared.  I cannot change the location of the saved pdf files to the server on this desktop, even though I have the location as the server as for pdf files on four other desktops and the administrators desktop.  What is going on here?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@tomvsmith  may I suggest you start a new post.  It's a good possibility the participants in this post aren't "listening".  Better chance to get help starting fresh.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Why not just let the program save to the C drive and backup to your server, instead of the other way around?

You are backing up, right?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
tomvsmith
Level 2

I have five desktops in my business, four save the pdf files to the server but one will not.  Going to the Print options tab and PDF location on that desktop will not access the server, only the C Drive.  I do not want one set of pdf files on that  C drive while all the others are on the server.  and as someone suggested I can simply copy the C drive pdf files back to the server...yes I have already done that, but should not have to do that when all the other desktops are working as described.  I don't want to spend an hour of my time on tech support with someone who just started working for Intuit in the last few weeks to resolve this.  Any suggestion as to how I can get this particular desktop to allow me to store the PDF's on the servier directly?

0 Cheers
Anne-T
Level 3

If you can get into the Directories, the computer with the problem may not be set to the correct directory for PDF saving.

0 Cheers