Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF attached

Horseaddict
Level 2

I have attempted to attach a pdf for underpayment penalty for state, but when I attach the document, I continue to receive a diagnostic error.  I tried several times.  No change.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

why are you attaching a pdf, doesn't the state have their own form for this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Horseaddict
Level 2

That is actually a very good question.  It is part of the tax program, and when the return is prepared it automatically calculates the penalty.  However, it requires that I create a pdf and attach it to electronically file.

Thanks for the response.

B

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Interesting, I havent seen that before, which state?  I see some 2210 options for federal, but I may not see any state options unless Ive got the right state chosen in my "sample dummy"  return.

Make sure when you attach the document, that youre attaching to the state return, not federal and in that in that drop down menu that says Type, you find the right type of attachment in that list.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh, I see youre also using Basic, so your screens may be a bit different than mine, I might need to flag someone more familiar with Basic to assist.

0 Cheers
Horseaddict
Level 2

The form is RPD41272, state of New Mexico.  I have been doing this for several years now, but this is the first one for this season.  I assume I will have to contact tech support.

Thanks for your help.

B

0 Cheers