Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments not being withdrawn from clients' bank accounts

Kevin1616
Level 1

I have had 3 different clients tell me that the taxes they owed have not been deducted from their bank accounts.  I can see that the returns were all successfully filed, and each return has "EFT withdrawal" box checked. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  Is there anyway to force an EFT payment after the fact or do I need to tell them to manually pay them on the IRS/state sites? (And if I do that, is there a way to guarantee the original payment won't go through later?)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
tonypm3
Level 1

I have the same problem.... Fed direct debits not being made.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
lalaurence
Level 2

Yes, we have had one client report the same thing, and another CPA has commented that they have had two clients report their debits haven't been withdrawn (not sure what software they use, though).

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Look before you ask............

Ironman - What's the count up to?

Mike P22
Level 1

I have had the same issue with all of my 4/15 client payment dates.  Is it an intuit problem or something else?

0 Cheers
lalaurence
Level 2

Apparently it's an IRS issue, as a continuing ed group I'm in has now said that this has happened with at least two other software providers.

0 Cheers
lalaurence
Level 2

I am speaking of a balance due tax payment, not an estimated tax payment.

0 Cheers
lalaurence
Level 2

Here's the answer:

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/bulletins/2cec118

The IRS had a glitch and it's now straightened out.

0 Cheers
NapaCabLover
Level 1

Has anyone had a problem with EFT of state balances due? I have filed numerous Missouri individual income tax returns where the EFT was set up for April 18th or prior and as today, none of the payments have been posted to their bank accounts.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@NapaCabLover Your question is unrelated to this old thread which addressed a very different issue.  Please start your own thread so that others may share their experience with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxes96786
Level 9

Give it time. The IRS takes days to process all the returns they receive on the deadline date. This is not unusual. Be assured it will happen.

0 Cheers
hbwinter89
Level 1

Yes I have had the problem with VT

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Okay the payments have not been withdrawn but can you check and see if the IRS shows the payments as being received?

0 Cheers